Thursday, March 17, 2011

So much to be thankful for. . .

Today, I heard a story of a symptomatic carrier who nearly lost her life during the birth of her first child.  I also heard from a woman who's daughter has severe hemophilia and was badly bruised at birth.  My heart broke for these families, and I ached as I imagined what they went through at that time.

If you've read my birth stories on here, you know I've never gone through anything like that.  So many people deal with so much more than we do.  Something like that could happen to us at any time.  We need to thank God for his loving mercy in sparing us from such hardships as these.  We should never take anything for granted.  Every moment is a gift.

I also heard from some other moms today.  What stuck out to me about them was their ability to look back and have total confidence that they did what was best for their baby.  That has never meant more to me than it does now. 

In the past, I've met moms who were not given the best care, and their baby suffered much for it.  It is hard for those moms not to personalize the blame, even when they too were also a victim. 

These may be somewhat random thoughts.  I just want to pay tribute to this amazing community we've been a part of for almost 3 years now.  I learn so much from all of you.  I really believe that we are much stronger when we have each other.  Thank you so much for sharing your stories and insights.  I thank God for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I love to hear from BWB readers!