Friday, April 1, 2011

"Oh, I don't care what we're having, just as long as he/she is healthy. . . "

It's funny to hear this statement now that I know our baby has a 50% chance of inheriting my mutated gene, and either having or carrying severe hemophilia a.  I don't say the above statement anymore.  Now, it's like this, "I do care what we're having because knowing we are having a boy or a girl greatly effects our birth plans.  Matt and I choose to find out the gender to best plan the safest most appropriate birth.  I want a healthy birth, but I want the baby exactly how God hade him/her whether that means 'healthy' or 'hemophiliac' or any other genetic disorder.   As far as wanting a girl or boy more. . . no.  I want the baby we have to have the safest birth possible.  I wouldn't change a thing about him/her."  Although, I know I am thinking too much into the traditional statement for which this post is named, this was on my heart, and BWB is the best place for me to share it.  Now, off I go to eat a healthy breakfast for my sweet little one.  <3

4 comments:

  1. As a parent our words can either build up or tear down our children. How must these words sound to a child born "less than perfect"(in the world's standards)? How many times have you heard the family blessed with a "special" child say that this child has changed their whole family in was they never could have imagined? God Is in control & He never makes a mistake. So if you are awaiting the birth of your little gift of life, do as Matt & Sarah are doing. Prepare for a safe birth experience & then enjoy each day. Every baby deserves to be welcomed to his/her family with great joy. May God bless each one of you moms(and dad's)-to-be as you await the birth of your precious little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said. Thank you so much for your comment, Mom. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a carrier of hemophilia but I have been dating a severe hemophiliac (A) for the past 7 years and we are about to have our forst baby. I know that there is not a chance I woulod have a hemophiliac baby well at least not a severe one. I live in NS Canada and trying to get them to tell us the sex of the baby was not easy, they didnt tell us I had to go to one of those 3D images to find out. We are having a little boy so now we know that the baby will not carrie hemophilia at all, but I agree it is important to plan ahead I just wish that our doctors understood how much it mattered to me to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How strange that you had such a hard time finding out the sex. I thought Canada was better with things than that! Congratulations on your sweet baby boy. Many blessings on your growing family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I love to hear from BWB readers!