Monday, May 24, 2010

Our First Pregnancy - Faith

We were married in June of 2002, and that Thanksgiving, my sister and I both found out that we were expecting. We were due just two days apart. I loved that little one, talked to her, rubbed my belly. Then, just a few weeks later, on December 23rd, 2002, she (I felt she was a girl) was gone. It was so painful.  It was much worse than a live birth.  I was delivering death.  It hurt so badly, and I was so sad.  Because of all the pain I was having, I went to the ER.  They were so kind to us.  It was Christmas day, our first Christmas since our marriage, and I was in getting a D & C.  I do not regret that.  When the pain was gone, I could deal with my grief a lot better.  I was only 8 1/2 weeks pregnant, but that was a very hard loss. We named her Faith because we felt that was what God wanted to teach us through it all. We were surrounded with love and support during that time. We had a private ceremony, and buried her in a heart shaped box on my parent's property. It is now a precious memory, and a joy to know that she has a life greater than I could ever provide her. I am very happy for my little Faith, and I will meet her someday! Just a few months later, we were expecting again. My sister was still pregnant. ♥ We met with our midwife for the first time on July 29th. It was Faith's due date!! On a day that could've been very sad for us, we heard Isaiah's heartbeat for the first time. There are no words to describe what that meant to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I love to hear from BWB readers!