Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Baby Carrier Issues with a Little Bruiser

If you follow this blog at all, you know that I am just a BIT excited about the new addition to our family expected very soon (38 weeks tomorrow!!).  There are so many things to thing about.  We are baby wearers.  Whenever we are out with baby, either I or my husband wears the baby in a sling/wrap.  We don't even invest in infant carseats.  We just start with the convertable carseat right away.  Carseats are for the CAR anyway, right?  ;o) 

Baby Eli in Maya Wrap
Eli all padded up in stroller
Well, when Eli (who has severe hemo A) was a baby, this wasn't so easy.  He would get bruises behind his knees where the edge of the sling pushed against his legs.  We had a wrap as well.  That worked better, but was so inconvenient to use.  Everytime we took him out, we had to totally rewrap it before we put him back in.  It was made of a heavy t-shirt material.  As a result, little Eli spent most outings in a stroller with sheepskin behind his knees.  If he wanted us, we just held him. 

I asked my other hemo mom friends about this on my facebook page for Bubble Wrapped Birth.  I got the same recommendation from a few different moms: The Sleepy Wrap!!   It is the same as the Moby Wrap we already have, but the material is lighter, softer, and a lot stronger.  Apparently, it doesn't stretch out, making rewrapping unecessary when you get baby out then back in.  I ordered one, and can't wait to try it out with Silas!  I don't know if he has hemophilia or not, of course, but either way I will post a review here in the next couple months. 

I can't wait! 

I can't wait!! 

I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I love to hear from BWB readers!