Saturday, September 24, 2011

To My Husband with Much Love

Thank you, Honey. 

Thank you for being my best friend.  Thank you for your love and support through everything these last 9+ years. 

When we first found out about Faith, and then couldn't keep her, you held me together through all of that.  The worry, the confirmation that our tiny baby was no longer living, the pain, the hospital, the incredible grief. . .  We came through that together with God as our strength.

Thank you for 7 1/2 years of successful breastfeeding.  I couldn't have done it without you.  When Isaiah was born, and had trouble latching on, you never suggested I give up and just give him a bottle.  Those first nights of pumping colostrum and spoon feeding him every 2 hours were so hard, but you were so strong right with me.  You even rocked him between feedings so I could sleep.  A few days later when the roof of his mouth smoothed out and he nursed with no problem at all, it was a victory for all three of us.  We all worked very hard for that.  Also, you've always been very supportive through all the (often difficult) tandem nursing months and years with each of our 4 children. 

You love me through all my hormonal mood swings.  You always look at me like I'm the most beautiful girl in the world no matter if I'm a size 4 or I'm 8 months pregnant and no longer fitting into my maternity clothes because I've gained 50 or 60 lbs!  You are an excellent birth assistant.  If you are with me, I know everything will be ok.  Our births have been so amazing mostly because of you.  I could never have been so relaxed and at ease if you had not set that tone for me. 

You are such a great daddy.  I am so thankful our children have you.  No matter how busy you are, you make time for them.  You are a patient teacher and love them with the love of Jesus.  I love seeing you wear each of our babies in the sling or baby wrap.  You have become just as much of a breastfeeding, baby-wearing, gentle birthing advocate as I am, and sometimes even more than I am!   

I am so proud of you.  When Eli was diagnosed with severe hemophilia, a seed was planted in your heart, and now you are working very hard to earn your nursing degree so that you can help other children and families with bleeding disorders. 

I love how you love being a daddy.  You are even more baby crazy than I am!!  It doesn't even matter to you if we have more children with hemophilia.  On the possibility of having multiple little hemophiliacs, you just say, "Line 'em up!" (for infusions).  You just smile on the idea of caring for each child with their own unique needs. 

 As we anticipate the arrival of our fifth child any day now, I wanted you to have the spot light.  You are the greatest husband and daddy I've ever known.  I love you.  Thank you so much for everything. 

Love,                    
Me                  

1 comment:

  1. Love it ! Really love that it's all true & then some!!! I certainly love knowing my daughter is loved like a princess & my grandchildren are secure! I thank God for you Matt!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I love to hear from BWB readers!